Class of 1881 about the entrance of Mercy Hospital
Class of 1881, about the entrance of Mercy Hospital [as identified by Dr Arey, in actuality the Chicago Medical College]; Dr. N.S. Davis (with top hat) stands centrally above the steps. School (now called Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine) was located in its third location, Twenty-Sixth Street and Prairie Avenue, from 1870-1893. Photograph and its description can be found on p. 336 of: Northwestern University Medical School 1859-1979 / Leslie B. Arey, Northwestern University: Evanston and Chicago, revised and extended edition.