Northwestern University Woman's Medical School and its Predecessors, 1870-1902
One in a series of Galter Health Sciences Library posters featured as an adjunct to the U.S. National Library of Medicine's traveling exhibit, Changing the face of Medicine - Celebrating America's Women Physicians. [on display at Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Lurie Medical Research Building, Chicago, IL from December 9, 2009-January 3, 2010]. The exhibit was organized by the National Library of Medicine and was sponsored by the Galter Health Sciences Library, the Institute for Womens Health Research and the Northwestern Medical Women Faculty Organization. Sponsoring units presented posters during the exhibit demonstrating how women have changed the face of medicine at Northwestern. In addition, a panel of notable Northwestern women discussed their contributions to medicine and health care in the areas of research, education, and clinical care in Hughes Auditorium on December 7, 2009 at 3:00PM. The panel members were: Neena B. Schwartz, PhD, Teresa W. Woodruff, PhD, Erica Marsh, MD, MSCI, and Candace Tingen, BS, BA. A reception followed at 4:30PM.